Friday, September 14, 2012

Pina Colada Cupcakes

Sarah H. here.....So on Sunday I was thinking it had been a long time since I whipped up a batch of coconut cupcakes (If you know the history of my cupcake obsession you will realize what a travesty this is). Anyway, I decided it was time they be made. I informed my husband of this decision and he suggested Pina Colada cupcakes. My mind whirred with ideas and my mouth literally watered at the idea of the forthcoming cupcake creation. I dreamt about it all week and today, we created it:


Isn't it a thing of beauty! Coconut Cake, Pineapple Curd filling, and Pineapple Buttercream frosting. I couldn't even wait for them to cool before I was digging in. The first bite took me back to the tastes of the islands and my trip to Oahu last year. I won't admit how many more I ate! One thing you should know about me is I get really excited when a baking idea works out. Today I was ecstatic!


No comments:

Post a Comment